The extensive use of narcotics within and outside educational institutions has become a serious concern nowadays. Drug dealers target students both as carriers as well as clients. It’s high time for teachers and parents to work against and eradicate this evil force. The highly energetic youth can be guided by educating and at the same time by warning against the adverse effect of narcotics. With this noble intention, we formed anti-narcotics cell in our college. An effective vigilant committee has been constituted in order to execute the functions of the cell and also to impart an awareness campaign against use of drugs in the campus. The main goal of antinarcotic cell is to enhance the students’ awareness and understanding of the harmful social and health effects of illicit drug use. The Anti Narcotic Cell organizes seminars, poster campaigns and rallies in order to spread awareness against the use of alcohol, tobacco and drugs. We keep close contact with the excise and police departments and arrange programs to make the students aware of the strong legal force working against narcotics and inculcate respect towards parents, teachers and the Indian judiciary.
- To create a healthier community through coordinated efforts to prevent use, and the distribution of illicit drugs
- To curb drug trafficking and use of illegal substances inside the campus
- To ensure a drug free campus
- To engage the students in anti- narcotic activities
- Motivate students to become volunteers of anti-narcotic activities in their life.
- To enable socially committed student community to work against the use of drugs and drug abuse
- To organize prevention programs and classes that aim to educate children and families about the ill effects of drug usage.
- Dr. Abdurahiman Cherukara (Principal, Chairman of Anti-Narcotic cell)
- Mr. Shahd Bin Aly ( Coordinator, IQAC)
- Ali Keeriyadan (Chairman, Anti ragging cell)
- Student representative