The vital role of the Women Cell is to promote the well-being of female students, teaching and non-teaching staff of our college. The cell aims to tackle the learning and participation barriers of women and they can develop skills and knowledge, engender self-confidence and equip them to pass on their experience to the benefit of their families and broader communities. The women cell plays an important role in voicing opinions on important matters that affect the daily life of women students. They provide a platform where students can comfortably participate and share their views. They actively promote gender equality. The Women Cell (WC) is mandated to work towards such processes based on the recognition that women and other persons in gendermarginal locations are not ‘victims’ who need ‘protection’, but rather have agency and capability, which they need to be empowered to exercise effectively. Hence all measures of WC are directed to promote such practices, foster mechanisms that safeguard fundamental rights and increase participation and visibility for students in all realms of the academic world.
- 1. Understand and progressively engage with issues of gender as a social location, intersecting with other vulnerabilities.
- 2. Educate, empower and devise preventive measures for the prevention of gender bias and sexual harassment of students
- 3. To initiate dialogue on these questions and promote gender awareness within the RUA community.
- 4. Providing support and creating an enabling environment for sharing anxieties, problems and difficulties faced by persons marginalized on account of gender and sexuality.
- 5. The provision of opportunities and programs for girls and women to be financially, mentally and emotionally empowered to promote their growth as individuals in their own right.
- 6. Train and coordinate the work of Gender Advocates who can champion gender awareness through workshops and other activities
- 1. Mr. Shahad Bin Aly (Principal)
- 2. Dr. Fahad P (COORDINATOR, IQAC )
- 3. Dr. Ayaman Shouqui
- 4. Mrs. Jumaina NP
- 5. Mr. Usman CK